Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's almost the weekend!!

I told you I would take some photos last night and I did. Here is what one of the burp cloths looks like that I made for our craft show. I think it turned out rather well.

Burp cloth

So here you can see the nine patches I have received from the swap. I am missing one because the spider ones we re-did didn't have enough to make one for me or Pauline. We are planning on supplementing them anyway. As for the themed ones...aren't they too adorable?? I love them all. I have 2 crow blocks, from PTM. She is making me a third one too. I only have one of my owls finished but plan on making the other 2 to put in this as well. I think the themed ones may be the front and the 9 patches the back, but we will see.
SS 9 patchSS theme blocks
I still need to stitch around the spider block too. I have found a couple of other things I think I want to add to the quilt so will be making a few more of those too, but you will have to wait for that = ) And I am planning on doing individual swaps for a few more blocks too. It will all be on temporary hold for now until I finish the LTW projects though. I began the cutting on it last night, there is a lot of cutting. I am going to get to use Thangles again too. I have not used those for a long time, since one of my first quilts. Should make it go quickly, no marking and no thinking eh?

I handed the bindings over to PTM last night too so that is great. She is such a peach!

On top of all that my blogging friend, Allie, called me last night and we are going to meet IRL at the Sewing Expo this Sat. I am very excited about that. I have never been to the Expo and I'm even more excited that I get to meet Allie. If you haven't done so already, stop by her blog and say I sent you! She is a sweetie!!

9 comments:

Gina said...

Great blocks. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

allsewnup said...

These are going to be wickedly fun.
Too cute.

:o)
Carolyn*

Kim D. said...

Love those cute Halloween blocks.

Mary-Kay said...

The Halloween quilt is going to be fabulous. I can't wait to see it done! I popped over to Allie's blog and she said that you had never been to the Sewing Expo. No wonder you're excited for the weekend. I go every year and I don't even live in MI. There is so much to see that it sometimes is too much. Maybe I'll see you there.

Allie said...

Oh my gosh these Halloween blocks are terrific! I can't wait to see it all put together. And I really can't wait for Saturday!

Terri said...

Those "witchy boots" and that cat are killing me....so cute!!
Pam, you're gonna love Allie even more once you meet her! I'm still trying to get her to move down here near me....I adore that girl! Give her a hug from me please! I expect to see pictures!!

Searchfamilies said...

Great blocks really nice
Have a good time at the Sewing Expo
Hugs Janice

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh, how fun to see the blocks laid out, they look great!!!

Crispy said...

Love the idea of using the nine patch for the back of the theme quilt. Those blocks are so dang cute!!

Crispy

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~